I work on the combined use of simulation and observation to analyze and forecast the state of environmental systems. My research interests are
- data assimilation for state estimation and inverse modeling,
- uncertainty quantification and probabilistic forecasting,
- ensemble forecasting.
I apply my work to high-dimensional complex environmental systems, primarily
- air quality from urban to continental scale, and dispersion of radionuclides,
- propagation of wildland fires,
- meteorology, in particular for renewable energy.
- noise pollution.
I am especially investigating applications at urban scale in order to contribute to the definition of smart cities.